Like Us on Facebook!

City of Sandpoint (Only) Burn Permits

As a reminder and by city ordinance, the residents of the City of Sandpoint are allowed to burn brush, grass, weeds, and cuttings from trees, lawns or gardens. However, a resident must first obtain a burn permit from the City of Sandpoint and check with the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), Air Quality Advisory hot line to insure burning is allowed each day before they burn.

Idaho Department of Lands Permits for Sagle and Westside Fire Districts

For all residents that live in the Sagle and Westside Fire Districts must apply for an Idaho Department of Lands permit between May 10th and October 20th. This does not apply to City of Sandpoint residents.

Additional Information

Greater Sandpoint DEQ Hotline: (800) 633-6247

Any areas outside the city limits of Sandpoint will need to obtain a burn permit from the Idaho Department of Lands from May 10th through Oct 20th. Click the Bonner County Burn Permits link for more information!

Selkirk Fire Rescue & EMS
1123 Lake St, Sandpoint, Idaho 83864
Bus Phone (208) 263-3502